Terms & Conditions
The hiring contract is between the Hirer and the Owner and is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Lettings are for a minimum period of one week from 3pm on Saturday to 11am on the Saturday of departure.
- A deposit of £100 is required with the booking letter. The receipt of a booking letter is treated as a firm booking and if accepted the applicant becomes liable for the full balance of charges. The balance is payable six weeks prior to the commencement of hiring. In the event of a booking not being accepted by the owner, the full deposit will be returned immediately.
- In the event of the Hirer being compelled to cancel, he must notify the Owner in writing immediately. The owner will endeavour to re let the property and if successful will refund the deposit and the balance of the Hiring Charges if already paid, less any expenses incurred in re-letting the property. Non payment of the balance of Hire Charges due as in Condition 2 above will be treated as a cancellation and the Owner will treat the property as being available for re-letting. In case the Hirer has to cancel it is suggested that he/she should arrange suitable Holiday Insurance Cover.
- The maximum number of persons stated (6) as being allowed in the property may not be exceeded. The Owner reserves the right to terminate the hiring without notice and without refund in the breech of this condition.
- The Hirer is responsible for the condition of the property and its entire contents during the period of the hiring. He/she will make good any damage of loss. The person held responsible for any hiring party will be the person who has hired the booking letter.
- It has proved impossible to employ cleaners on a regular basis in these remote Highland areas. The hirer is therefore required to clean the cottage before departure and leave it in as good a state and condition as he/she would expect to find it.
- The Owner reserves the right to decline to hand over the property to any person who is in his opinion, or that of his agent, is not suitable to take charge. In such a case, all Hire Charges will be refunded in full.
- If due to circumstances outside his control, e.g. fire damage, the Owner is prevented from putting the property at the disposal of the Hirer, all monies shall be refunded in full, but the Hirer shall have no further claim against the Owner.
- No liability is accepted by the Owner for any accident or injury to persons, or loss or damage to the Hirers personal property inside or outside the property.
- Whilst all reasonable care has been taken in the preparation of these particulars, no responsibility can be accepted by the Owner for any discrepancies that may occur. The Owner reserves the right to alter the specification of the property at any time.